Monday, April 11, 2011

Amaranthe / Amaranthe (2011)


1. Leave Everything Behind
2. Hunger
3. 1,000,000 Lightyears
4. Automatic
5. My Transition
6. Amaranthine
7. It's All About Me (Rain)
8. Call Out My Name
9. Enter The Maze
10. Director's Cut
11. Act Of Desperation
12. Serendipity
13. Breaking Point
14. A Splinter In My Soul

Nowadays, the mixture of different music is very remarkable. We have seen the evolution of mixture rock/metal music in the last decade in the bands such as Linkin Park, Deftones, Korn, Fear Factory, Shadows Fall, In Flames, and many others. However, this music scene is saturated with many bands that are copying bunch of different band. Many bands are trying to make something unique but not succeeding. 

Nevertheless, this band was very different from those "trying-to-be" bands. I read some reviews in music magazines, and the most of them were very positive and became very curious. One day I found their music videos on YouTube, and they really stood out when I first watched videos of tracks 2 and 6. A band with 3 vocals, heavy guitar, catchy melody, and great hooks... you think there would be many other bands like this, and I am pretty sure there are, but the quality of the songs are much better than many other bands with similar style.

They need some improvement in songwriting and arrangement since some songs sound similar to other songs in the album. Nevertheless, this debut album has amazing quality as a new band in style, songwriting, and music skills. I am truly looking forward to the future of this band.

☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment