Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Feel The Power / Blessed By A Broken Heart (2012)



1. Deathwish
2. Shut Up And Rock
3. Love Nightmare
4. Forever
5. Thunder Dome (SE)
6. Holdin' Back For Nothin'
7. I've Got You
8. Rockin' All Night
9. Scream It Like You Mean It
10. Skate Or Die
11. Innocent Blood
12. Sleepless Nights

This is the second album released by Canadian metal band, Blessed By A Broken Heart(BBABH). The first record was a high quality metalcore influenced by traditional metal, glam metal, and hardcore music. It was pretty sensational to me. However, they surprised me with this record. I think this album shifted more towards traditional heavy metal. It still has strong metalcore taste but definitely has better catchy melody than the first record.

The album starts with awesome metal riff. "Deathwish" is a perfect opening song for this album. Chorus is very catchy and has good harmony. 

"Shut Up And Rock" is another awesome. Another thing that this record surprised me was that the use of keyboard sound. They already used well in the first album, but in this album, they became much better composers  and arrangers.

"Love Nightmare" has stronger metalcore taste from their first record, yet it has a good sing-along chorus. This will be another awesome live song.

"Forever" was the first single from this album. It does not have any metalcore scream but has catchy chorus and harmony. There are several songs in this album do not have any scream.

This band members are technicians as well. "Holdin' Back For Nothin'" shows that how good musicians they are in this album. The song has very complicated riff, yet it does not make listeners difficult to listen to the song. That really shows their composing ability.

The album slows down here. "I've Got You" is a beautiful ballad. This is another new side of this band. This ballad reminds some awesome songs from 80's. 

"Rockin' All Night" is the second single. This is another party song. I think this is their comprehension of 80's metal today. This is another song does not have any scream.

"Scream It Live You Mean It" is another BBABH anthem. One thing I really love about this band is rhythm changes. This song has it so many times but every beat makes you move, swing, dance, and head-bang. Whenever I listen to the song, especially bridge to chorus, it make me happy. I think this is my favorite song in this album.

"Skate Or Die" has good traditional metal riff. Every one of their songs has good hook-line and melody. This song has another awesome sing-along part.

"Innocent Blood" is the heaviest song of all in this album. This song is great mix of metalcore and BBABH version of pop.

"Sleepless NIghts" was a bit of surprise. The keyboard sound reminds me of European power metal bands. Nevertheless, the melody has BBABH's trademark.

When I first heard that they were from Canada, I was really surprised. I did not expect that someone would be playing this kind of music in Canada. They successfully blend traditional 80's metal and modern metalcore sound and sublimed to their own sound. I think this band has one of the most unique identity in today's rock scene. They definitely evolved and progressed with this second album. I am looking for their future and hoping that I would be able to see them live soon.

☆☆☆☆☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment