Monday, November 21, 2011

Break The Spell / Daughtry (2011)


1. Renegade
2. Crawling Back to You
3. Outta My Head
4. Start of Something Good
5. Crazy
6. Break the Spell
7. We're Not Gonna Fall
8. Gone Too Soon
9. Losing My Mind
10. Rescue Me
11. Louder Than Ever
12. Spaceship

Time has changed rapidly in the music industry. There are not many people who are willing to pay money for music since they can illegally download them for free. However, whatever the reasons are, it really makes me sad that this album has been the least sold one in Daughtry's catalog because this album is the far best record they have ever made.

I am not a big fan of American Idol at all and had never seen Chris Daughtry in the show. However, I read about him in a music magazine when he debut with his own band. However, I never really listened to his music until the second album. I was stunned by his voice. He was a really singer, a real rock singer. The album contained so many catchy riff with good hook and melody. Then, I also bought the first record. I immediately liked this band even though I don't listen recent bands very much.

Nevertheless, this album is much better than what I expected. Every song has catchy melody and good riffs. Moreover, all of the songs really leverage his voice. His vocal really matches all of the songs. I think this is the result of improvement of songwriting skill of the band. If you bought either their first album or the second one, you would not regret buying this album. If you are interested in Daughtry, I highly recommend to buy this album as the first record to get to know them.

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment