Friday, June 14, 2013

Novum Initium / Masterplan (2013)


1. Per Aspera Ad Astra
2. The Game
3. Keep Your Dream Alive
4. Black Night of Magic
5. Betrayal
6. No Escape
7. Pray On My Soul
8. Earth Is Going Down
9. Return From Avalon
10. Through Your Eyes
11. Novum Initium

Unfortunately, Jorn left the band once again, and Rick Altzi (Thunderstone/At Vance) joined the band as a new singer. Even though his voice type is very different from Jorn's, he is also has powerful low to mid range. Their last album is still one of my favorite playlist. It had many dramatic songs, yet it was not so commercial friendly. The first impression of this album was that it sounded more like their first album. Songs are more varied and colorful than the last one.

After the opening SE, the album starts with a perfect opening tune, track 1. It reminded me of songs like "Sprit Never Die" and "Crimson Rider". The track 2 is the single from the album. I don't know why, but they always choose mid-tempo tunes as their singles. Overall, they put more up-tempo tunes in this album and created easiness to listen through the album. Tracks 3, 5, and 9 have the same feeling as their first album. 

Before I listened to the album, I was a bit skeptical about the matching of Rick Altzi and Masterplan, but I think he fit well in the sound. I am pretty sure he would manage singing songs from their past catalogues as well. I heard that they would actively play on tour this time and am hoping that they would come to Japan once again.

☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment