Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Revelation / Journey (2008)


1. Never Walk Away
2. Like A Sunshower
3. Change For The Better
4. Wildest Dream
5. Faith In The Heartland
6. After All These Years
7. Where Did I Lose Your Love
8. What I Needed
9. What It Takes To Win
10. Turn Down The World Tonight
11. The Journey (Revelation)
12. The Place In Your Heart

"Generation" was little disappointing, and another tragedy came. Steve Augeri left the band due to illness. He had to leave the band during tour. The band continued the tour with Jeff Scott Soto. Then, it was announced that he was appointed to be officially the singer of the band. Nevertheless, he left the band after the tour. All of Journey fans worried about their future. After a while, I heard a strange news. It was announced that Journey chose a new singer, but the new vocal is a Filipino. I could not believe what I saw. Nothing against Filipinos, but I could not believe that one of the biggest American band picked a singer from Philippines. However, when I watched the band's performance at TV show on YouTube, I could not believe what I saw even more. The new singer just sounded like Steve Perry. Steve Augeri really matched with the band, but Arnel Pineda was totally on a different degree. I was stunned. Since that moment, I was really looking for the new album.

This album was solely distributed through Walmart. Right after it was released, I went there to purchase the record. It was much better than what I was expecting. The sound has the mood of "Frontier" and "Escape" era. When I heard track 1, I knew this album would be great. Every song in this album reminds me of their golden age of 80's. They had written another great ballad which should be added on their masterpiece, track 6. This song is comparable to "Open Arms" or "Faithfully". Track 7 became one of my favorite Journey songs. It is a great dramatic rock tune. They also played two songs from the last album. They picked the best tracks from it. Even though, I liked the original version, it is really interesting how the voice of Arnel Pineda matches better to the songs. Journey has returned stronger than ever!!

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment