Thursday, September 22, 2005

Majestic / Gamma Ray (2005)


1. My Temple
2. Fight
3. Strange World
4. Hell Is Thy Home
5. Blood Religion
6. Condemned To Hell
7. Spiritual Dictator
8. Majesty
9. How Long
10. Revelation

Helloween was the first metal band that I listened. Since I bought "Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part I", I have been a fan until this day. "Keeper Part I" was pretty much Kai Hansen's record, and I love all of the songs in the album. And then I listened to "Helloween/Walls of Jericho/Judas" and learned that he used to be the main singer of the band. However, soon after I bought the "Keeper" album, I found out that Kai was no longer a member of the band and started his own band "Gamma Ray". My friend had the best album "Blast From The Past", so I borrowed and listened to the record. I was happy that he was still making awesome songs with his band.

I am not the biggest fan of Gamma Ray. I have only three records "Blast From The Past", "Land Of The Free", and "Majestic". However, I bought this album right after it was released. I was in the U.S. at that time and could not find this album, so I had to order online. Soon after I bought the album, it became one of my favorite album.

This is one of the greatest German Metal/Power Metal album. I really like this because it has catchy melody that Kai is really good at and aggression that he had in early years of Helloween. Some riffs reminded me of "Walls Of Jericho" era, yet it became more catchy and mellow than "Walls Of Jericho". 

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment