Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can't Slow Down / Foreigner (2009)


1. Can't Slow Down
2. In Pieces
3. When It Comes to Love
4. Living In a Dream
5. I Can't Give Up
6. Ready
7. Give Me a Sign
8. I'll Be Home Tonight
9. Too Late
10. Lonely
11. As Long As I Live
12. Angel Tonight
13. Fool For You Anyway

Many bands from 70's and 80's returned since late 90's, yet most of them failed to created albums and songs that could meet their fans' expectation. They just play greatest hits tour and are being nostalgic. However, Foreigner, the band that had only one original member, added another record in their catalogue that was comparable with their albums in 70's and 80's. To be honest, I did not expect much from this album. Nevertheless, I have to admit that I was so wrong. This is a perfect album to follow "Inside Information".

Kelly Hansen is a great singer, and his voice really matches with this band. He was perfect to reproduce their old songs at concerts. But, I did not realize how compelling his voice is until actually listening him singing new songs. Since Lou Gramm cannot sing like he did before, Kelly Hansen is a perfect fit for the band.

I was really surprised that the band, perhaps I should say Mick Jone, did not lose its sound. Even with modern sound production, each song has "Foreigner" mark on it. Melody, guitar riffs, keyboard, saxophone, everything just reminds me of 70's and 80's. This album will not disappoint both old and new fans. This band has not retired as composers or musicians yet.

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment