Monday, May 3, 2004

Unbreakable / Scorpions (2004)


1. New Generation
2. Love 'em Or Leave 'em
3. Deep And Dark
4. Borderline
5. Blood Too Hot
6. Maybe I Maybe You
7. Someday Is Now
8. My City My Town
9. Through My Eyes
10. Can You Feel It
11. This Time
12. She Said
13. Remember The Good Times
14. Dreamers (Japanese Release Only)
15. Too Far (Japanese Release Only)

This is my favorite Scorpions album in last 20 years. This album reminds me of them in 70's. For some reasons, this album really makes me emotional. Sound wise, the album is very heavy, but the melody reminds me of Uli Jon Roth era.

In 70's they were not big in the U.S. yet. Nevertheless, they were already pretty popular in Europe and Japan. I believe that the reason why they became famous in Japan at that time was beautiful minor melody they created. The songs were not so commercial yet had vibe that matched with Japanese people's senses. It was not so pop as they were in 80's, but it grabbed Japanese people's heart. This album has the same vibe that they used to have.

"Love 'em Or Leave 'em", "Deep and Dark", "Maybe I Maybe You", "Through My Eyes", these songs have good feeling of 70's. They, of course, have awesome ballads such as "She Said" and "Dreamer". "Dreamer is a bonus track in Japanese version of the album, but this song immediately became one of my favorite Scorpions song. This is one the best pieces that they ever wrote, and I don't understand why this song is not in the worldwide release. This album was a hit of this band for me for the longest time.

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment