Monday, May 29, 2000

Brave New World / Iron Maiden (2000)


1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Brave New World
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Mercenary
6. Dream Of Mirrors
7. The Fallen Angel
8. The Nomad
9. Out Of The Silent Planet
10. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

1999 was a remarkable year for heavy metal fans. Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith came back to one of the greatest pioneer bands of heavy metal. Right after that, they went on greatest hits tour and then released this album. This was the first studio album I learned of this band. First, I bought "A Real Dead One" and then "Rock In Rio" which contained the "Brave New World" tour. From those two live albums, I could tell that these guys were great live act, so I decided to also buy this album. Since then, I was possessed to this band. I have all of their studio albums. It all started here.

As I mentioned before, I like Blaze Bayley and "Virtual XI". However, no one can deny that Bruce is the voice of Iron Maiden after you listened to this album. If you listen to the first three songs, you feeling just settles down because you know that you are listening to the songs that are played in right way. I just cannot imagine listening to those songs sung by someone else. Every part of this album is Iron Maiden that we know. Powerful riffs, dramatic progression, vocals, everything is great!!

Musically, my impression was that the first half is very rocking, and the second half was more progressive. I guess they have not spent much time as having three guitarists, so there is not much arrangement regarding three guitar parts.

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment