Monday, June 24, 2002

Thunderstone / Thunderstone (2002)


1. Let The Demons Free
2. Virus
3. World's Cry
4. Me, My Enemy
5. Will to Power
6. Weak
7. Eyes of a Stranger
8. Like Father, Like Son
9. Voice In a Dream
10. Spread My Wings

Since the beginning of 21st century, it seems like that there is a great metal movement going on in Europe. Metal music is much stronger there compared to the U.S. and Asia. There is something with me and North Europe. I guess that the melody that Finish people write really matches with my favor. Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Twilightning, and Nightwish, they are all Finish bands and great melody makers.

Here is another band from Finland that I listened in real time. I was a high school student at that time. One day, I went to the CD store that I used to hang out all day after school. I listened to this album. The first song was OK. That was a typical speed/power metal song. The one that caught my attention was track 2. It got me from the intro. It was not pop but very catchy.

By some critics, this band was bashed and called a copy band of Stratovarius. Well, it is obvious that they are one of the biggest inspiration to this band. Yet, I want to ask how many of their followers actually write good songs. This band writes good songs. That's what really matters for metal fans, right? I liked this album because it consists of good metal tunes. The middle instrumental part of track 7 is very moving. The musicians have enough techniques to play metal songs. I would say this is a good album with high quality.

☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment