Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Delirium Veil / Twilightning (2003)


1. Gone To The Wall
2. At The Forge
3. Jester Realm
4. Delirium Veil
5. Return To Innocence
6. Under Somber Skies
7. Seventh Dawn
8. Enslaved To The Mind
9. Masked Ball Dalliance
10. The Escapist (Japanese Release Only)
11. Affection Seeker (Japanese Release Only)


There are many bands that I love. But, there have been only few bands that gave me “shock.” One of such bands was this, Twilightning. Unfortunately, this band broke up with three full-length albums and one EP. I am really hoping that these guys will come back in the scene together. When I listened to their music for the first time, I thought I had some electric shock or was struck by thunder.


This band is probably categorized as Power Metal. However, its music style is not just typical power metal. All songs have unique riffs, and its progression changes such unexpected ways. It is really hard to describe with words. Every song changes and progresses its form in very unique ways. Even though, it’s categorized as a power metal band, there are only two typical fast power metal songs. Most songs are either mid-tempo or high mid. Nevertheless, you never get bored because of their excellent song writing skill.

They were also very skilled musicians for new comers. The twin lead guitar in the intro of Track 2 gave me goose bumps. I still remember that well. This band definitely did not receive recognition and fame they deserved. I hope the market, audience, and metal fans will open larger space for future new comers with great skill and talent like this band.

☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment